Personal Data and GDPR Compliance
Information provided to us as part of an application will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary.
We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes. The information you provide will be held securely by us whether the information is in electronic or physical form.
We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress an application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role to which you have applied.
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes, nor will we retain it for longer than is necessary.
The information we ask for is used only to assess your suitability for employment with us. You don't have to provide what we ask for but it might affect your application if you don't.
If you have any queries about how we handle your information please contact our .
Lighting Design Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lighting Design Engineer to join the Design Department within the Apollo Lighting Team.
Reporting to the Senior Lighting Design Engineer, as a member of the Design Team you will provide support across the functions of the department and the wider company. Direct liaison with customers and the sales team are essential to help drive accurate customer engagement and successful sales outcomes.
Role and Resposibilities
- Communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and a wide range of colleagues, ensuring all queries are dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner.
- To use lighting design software to produce lighting designs, quotations and costed proposal packages for both external and internal customers.
- Design in accordance with current national and international standards and life safety practices.
- Direct contact with potential and existing customers to help select the right solution for their needs.
- Production of CAD drawings showing lighting design proposals in a 2D format, suitable for direct adoption by customers.
- To design and advise external and internal customers of Lighting Control options and costings, including energy performance comparisons.
- To give lighting design technical support to external and internal customers using a variety of media.
- Assist with advice, site support and commissioning of Apollo Lighting projects.
- Manage customer service calls relating to lighting design issues.
- Operate business processes accurately and to scheduled deadlines using appropriate business systems within your area of expertise.
- Assist in the generation of technical information data.
- Support the data on the company's website and ensure it is accurate and relevant.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Educated to a minimum of HNC level standard or equivalent in an associated discipline.
- Experience of using design software, Dialux, Relux and AutoCAD and working in a busy technical environment is preferred.
- A confident communicator with excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Comprehensive IT skills and knowledge of business applications.
- A knowledge of electrical and electronic components.
- Some knowledge of the building services environment would be an advantage.
- Formal qualifications in a lighting based subject would be a distinct advantage.
- Show strong practical and methodical skill.
- A full UK driving licence would be an advantage.
Apollo Lighting invest heavily in research, development and industry compliance. As such, the role will entail keeping up to date with standards, trends and industry practices. Leading the thought process and demonstrating innovation helps Apollo Lighting to remain at the forefront of the industry.
Payroll and Accounts Clerk
We have an opportunity for a Payroll / Accounts Clerk to come and join us within our team at Apollo. The hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 3.30pm Friday, with a 30 minute lunchbreak. However, we would be flexible on the hours for the right candidate.
Salary would be commensurate with experience.
This is a permanent position which we are looking to recruit for, as soon as possible.
- Processing weekly and monthly payroll runs (including HMRC submissions & payments) and Auto-enrolment pension administration
- Processing employee expenses
- Cash allocations to sales ledger customer accounts
- Petty Cash & Bank reconciliations
- Reconciling supplier statements to purchase ledger
- Purchase ledger payments including international payments
- VAT Returns
- Setting up and maintaining ledger account details
- Inputting and filing invoices
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and suppliers
- Dealing with account queries
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Previous experience in a relevant Accounts role
- A proven ability of Bookkeeping
- Working knowledge of Sage50 Cloud payroll is preferred
- Good knowledge of spreadsheets
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility in attitude
Please submit your CV to our HR department